Avocado Gazpacho is packed with the sweet flavors of summer. This recipe delivers an unforgettable creamy, tangy deliciousness in every spoonful!
Gazpacho is a popular raw, tomato based, cold soup from the Andalusian region of southern Spain. Over the years, it has evolved into many different varieties.
This Avocado Gazpacho is a green gazpacho and it was inspired from traditional Gazpacho — fresh, seasonal vegetables and fruit, balanced with acid and salt.
Ingredients for Avocado Gazpacho
- red wine vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
How to Make it
– Add all of the ingredients, except for the water and the mix-ins, into a blender or a food processor and blend until the mixture is very smooth.
– Add the water, a little bit at a time, to the desired consistency. (If you’re having trouble getting a smooth texture in the previous step, add the water bit by bit with the other ingredients.)
– Combine the mix-ins: avocado, tomato and onion. Mix about a fourth of it into the soup, and then when you serve the soup, add the remaining mix-ins on top of each serving.
– Drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil on top, and sprinkle with a bit of coarse sea salt.
(More detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.)
- I love the tangy punch of flavor the vinegar gives this gazpacho. However, if you prefer less of a “bite” you should use a bit less.
- Likewise, I love the kick from the raw garlic and onion — here too, feel free to adjust the amount to suit your taste.
What to Serve with Gazpacho
- My favorite thing to serve with any gazpacho is a delicious piece of rustic, crusty bread.
- You can also serve it with a beautiful salad.
- It’s always excellent with Spanish Tortilla or a Frittata.
Green gazpacho is perfect for a summer garden party, or really, any lunch or dinner when the weather is warm.
Enjoy every last spoonful of this Avocado Gazpacho.
More delicious gazpacho recipes:
Avocado Gazpacho Recipe
For the soup
For the mix-ins
- 1½ cups avocado, cut into a small dice
- 1½ cups seeded tomato, cut into a small dice
- ½ cup Lime Pickled Shallots or red onion, cut into a small dice
For the soup
- Add all of the ingredients, except for the water and the mix-ins, into the blender or a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Blend until the mixture is very smooth.
- Add the water, ¼ cup at a time, to the desired consistency. (If you're having any difficulty getting a smooth texture in the previous step, you can add the water bit by bit with the other ingredients.)
For the mix-ins
- Combine the avocado, tomato and onion and mix-in all but about ¼ cup to the soup. When you serve the soup, add the remaining mix-ins on top of each serving for garnish. Drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil on top and sprinkle with a bit of coarse sea salt.