Salsa is perfect in the summertime. Summer is the time when a great variety of fruits are in season and can be used to make delicious, unique, and memorable salsas. Berries, stone fruits, melons — paired with spicy peppers and fresh herbs — oh my — I just love it!
So I’ve gathered here my top ten salsas! Some are my original salsa recipes, and some are favorites from foodie friends on the web.
Let’s start with those pictured above, shall we? Starting with number one, on the top left, just click their titles below for the detailed recipes!
1. Roasted Corn Salsa — This salsa is delightfully sweet and spicy with a great kick, featuring lime-pickled shallots and perfectly caramelized corn. It’s delicious on top of quesadillas, and I absolutely love it on Steak and Potato Taquitos!
2. Roasted Tomato Poblano Salsa — Fiery, spicy and charred, this salsa is my favorite just with warm, salted tortilla chips!
3. Strawberry Avocado Salsa — I love that strawberries and avocados typically are at the peak of their seasons simultaneously — the two together are an excellent combination. I love this one with grilled chicken!
4. Watermelon Cucumber Salsa — Simply put, this is summer in a bowl! Sweet, refreshing and spicy, it’s divine over fish, on a chip, or as a side dish!
Moving along . . .
6. Mango Salsa (above) — It doesn’t get much better than a perfect summer mango! This tropical salsa is stellar with Plantain-Picadillo Empenadas, and it’s also incredibly tasty with grilled shrimp!
And now a few from my fellow food blogger friends around the web . . .