Or in my case, have your husband run out for immediately — because you’d rather stay at home with a new puppy and two cute boys!
Welcome to my Sunday morning and poblano peppers!
Also, I know I my “Avocado Week” was a couple of weeks ago, but I just can’t seem to keep avocados out of my kitchen lately.
They’re just so good right now! Go get some if you don’t have any! (Or, send someone else to pick some up for you!)
Poblano peppers are typically mild. And when roasted, they add a wonderful, smoky, earthy, slightly sweet flavor to guacamole. Aren’t they beautiful, too?
Summer is pretty much here. If you’ve got friends coming over and are looking for great hors d’oeuvres recipes, look no further! I can’t think of what would make your guests happier than a big bowl of guacamole with warm, salted tortilla chips!
A lot of people have their own special ingredient they like to add to their guacamole — what’s your favorite way to make guacamole? Let me know in the comments — I’m curious!
P.S. Speaking from experience . . . to avoid getting in trouble with the person you’ve sent out to get your special ingredient, you might want to make sure they get a lot of the final product! Just sayin’.
- 1 pound poblano peppers about 3 peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic about 4 small to medium-sized cloves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 2-3/4 pounds ripe California avocados about 5 medium-sized avocados
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Tortilla chips
- Roast, peel, seed, and cut the peppers into a small dice. Here are step-by-step instructions for How to Roast and Peel Peppers.
- Add the prepared peppers to a large mixing bowl and stir in the garlic and salt.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits (here's how). Then use a spoon to scoop out the avocado, directly into the bowl with the peppers. Use a fork to mash the avocado, leaving it somewhat chunky.
- Add the lemon juice and cayenne and stir to be sure all of the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Serve with warm, salted tortilla chips!
This is not a sponsored post!