A lot was cooking in my kitchen this weekend, and the first thing I’m excited to share with you is a super quick salad dressing recipe! Remember when we made My Mom’s Meyer Lemonade a week or so ago? I know, how could you forget, right? 😉 It’s delicious!
Well, a friend of mine took my mom’s recipe a step further and added fresh basil from his garden. A fantastic, beautiful idea, I think.
And that’s exactly what inspired this salad dressing! I made a big batch and we used it on our salads all weekend. It’s light, lovely and super flavorful!
- 1 cup Meyer lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons finely minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced, fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced, fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1-1/2 tablespoons honey
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup loosely packed, fresh basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the lemon juice, orange juice, shallots, garlic, ginger, salt and honey. Very gradually whisk in the oil. Stir in the basil leaves and season to taste with the pepper. If necessary, add more salt.
- This dressing is best when you let it sit for at least an hour before using, and you can make it a few days ahead, keeping it stored in the refrigerator.